For optimal understanding of the BSF and its applications, Dave suggests a review of the website in the following sequence:
1) The Household Concrete Design: BSF Technology (Academic Article)
2) Comparison: Traditional Slow Sand Filtration (TSSF) and BioSand Filtration (BSF) (Principles of Design)
5) Case studies - our In The Field page
After that... just explore!
Introduction to the BioSand Water Filter
Dave answers frequently asked questions.
How It Works
BSF design, function, construction, operation, advantages, performance, and comparisons - explained in clear detail.
● The Basic Concepts Behind the BSF, in Images
● Principles of Design
● Use of the BSF
● Construction of Concrete Filter: Manuals
● The BSF: Removal Applications
● Performance Evaluation - Methodology
● Other Sand Filter Technologies
In The Field
Reports on BSF tests, prototypes, evaluations, installations, training, and workshops from all over the world. From 1991 to present.
A page devoted only to downloadable construction manuals.
A page devoted only to downloadable guidance manuals.
All of our relevant publications, available online in PDF format.
● General Information
● Academic Articles
● Guides and Manuals
Media & Responses
BSF in the press, and feedback from users and others involved with BSF.
Helpful external links relating to water issues, filtration, and BSF.
● General Water Resources
● Government Reports
Dave Manz provides a guide for new visitors to the site.